Sunday, January 04, 2015

What comics should I be reading?

Right guys, I need ideas for stuff to put on my pull list. I think I'm missing out on some good comics.  So far I have:

DC:
Adventures of Superman
Batgirl
Batman/Superman
Justice League United
Multiversity
Sensation Comics featuring Wonder Woman
Supergirl

Marvel:
Hawkeye (although I think that's going to end soon..)

Image:
Ody-C

Action Lab:
Princeless: Pirate Princess

I will be adding Red Lanterns from when Landry Walker takes over, and Danger Club. I get Ms Marvel digitally (and sporadically) and I'm likely to try out the new Wonder Woman creative team digitally as well.  I want to catch up on the new 52's Green Arrow and Birds of Prey.

Is there anything else I should be reading?  I'm not that interested in Chew or Saga at the moment.  I dropped the lady X-Men team about 7 or 8 months ago and I don't want to try it out again.  I would like something like Fearless Defenders to exist.. does it?

I'm happy to add more Marvel and independent comics but if there is particularly good DC stuff I'm missing out on please tell me!  I've been totally out of the loop over the last year as I hadn't expected to be able to still afford comics now.

Thanks guys!

7 comments:

Count Drunkula said...

Matt Fraction's Hawkeye is ending--if it hasn't already--but there is an All-New Hawkeye series coming soon written by Jeff Lemire. I believe it's his first work for Marvel--and he did a great job with DC's archer, Green Arrow!

Based on the previews, I would definitely check out Ant-Man and The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl from Marvel, both of which start this month.

James Ashelford said...

Loki: Agent of Asgard is great fun though its starting a big "end of season" arc this month so I don't know how accessible its going to be for a while.

Its mostly about Loki's latest incarnation trying to cheat the universe so he doesn't have to be a villain.

Lee said...

Ms Marvel (Marvel)
Silver Surfer (Marvel)
Revival (Image)
Morning Glories (Image)

Morning Glories is one where you really need to start from the beginning though.

I already love The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl from the preview alone! Ryan North (creator of Dinosaur Comics) is one of the funniest writers around.

Saranga said...

Twitter has come up with:
The Wicked and the Divine
Little Nemo
Grindhouse
Corto Maltese
Rare Bit Friends
The Itty Bitty books
Tiny Titans
Bulletproof Coffin
New 52 Secret Six
Red Sonja

Thanks all!

ShellyS said...

I read almost no DC comics these days, but I'm enjoying Gotham Academy.

I also can't recommend Astro City enough.

For Marvel, I'm enjoying Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, and the Legendary Star-Lord.

But my favorite comics these days are from Image. Yeah, Saga, but also Lazarus and Velvet.

James Ashelford said...

Just remembered the all-lady X-Men title is being taken over by Ms.Marvel's G. Willow-Wilson from next issue so you might want to give it another try.

Saranga said...

Ooh good call.